Friday, June 29, 2007

My Piece of Cake: GO OUT AND VOTE! (Part 3)

From the events on Kuya's last days for his 2nd year, here are my thoughts:

You can't have it/them all. (You can't have your most favorite housemates from the 2nd year be in the Big 4 at all; after all, the spots for the Big 4 are quite small-fitting all the 2nd year's housemates into the Big 4 is is not easy.)

We must understand all sides of the story. (One does not have to be one-sided in many an issue in this country-especially this one on Kuya!)

We still got the power. (I will forget all statements discouraging me from voting for my Big Winner! I believe I, you and all of us have the final say for the Big Winner! And that's through the vote.)

I know Miss Luchi's statements are true even after Halalan 2007!

They [the people] come up with all kinds of reasons – and many of them are not entirely invalid: Nothing’s going to change....The quality of candidates is poor...and my wise votes won’t count. My candidate won’t win anyway....Ad infinitum.

I won’t argue that they’re wrong because they’re not. But I will argue that not doing anything is not going to change anything either. As Edmund Burke succinctly puts it, "All it takes for evil to triumph… is for a few good men to do nothing."

...But if you choose to take on this insidious victim mentality and still refuse to neither act nor vote, then you’re not one of the few good men. And you surely will get what you deserve.

You voted more for Wendy and Kian rather than Jasmin and Zeke. You voted more for Wendy rather than Nel, Bruce or Bodie. You have the guts to be angry. And you asked for it. You got what you deserve: Your complacency for your Big Winner wannabe made you not to vote for that housemate anymore. You never took the risk of consuming your precious load for voting. And you are still angry until now.

I know Miss Maria's statements are true even after Halalan 2007!

Many of them don’t even want to vote. You must vote. True people power is really in the hands of ordinary Filipinos. And it is through the vote.

I am voting to save my most favored housemate, not to evict. I will vote the one who deserves my vote the most! I will vote the most deserving one for me!

I have learned that I must stand up--I must make a stand. And that's through my vote. I have risked my few pesos left with me over the past week continuously voting. And I will do that until tomorrow.

I am so lucky to be able to participate in Kuya's drama series via voting. I am contented because I know and I believe that my vote counts in this drama series. And I will continue voting. I still believe in this voting process--and no one or nothing can take away that. I am also voting because I am making a stand, that my favored housemate deserves to win. If my words aren't enough, read this post and that post.

But whatever happens, I will accept the outcome wholeheartedly.

June 30 - the day for COMELEC's final proclamation of winners for this Halalan.
June 30 - The day for the proclamation for Kuya's Big Winner.

Halalan 2007 is over. But not PBB's finale (and Halalan 2010)! Hindi pa tapos ang boksing! It ain't over till it's over! So go out and vote ASAP! And remember: Boto Mo I-Patrol Mo (no need to report to ABS-CBN News for 2366; just monitor your votes)! That's a Deal, ha?

BB (Your Most Favored Housemate-Big Winner Wannabe) --> 2331 (Sun/Globe Networks) or 231 (Smart Networks) [Equals to one vote/Total: PHP 2.50]

PBBGA (Your Most Favored Housemate-Big Winner Wannabe) --> 2366 (all cellphone networks) [Equals to 6 votes/Total: PHP15.00/What you'll get: a new operator logo, and a prize: either P50K or house-and-lot from Globe Asiatique]

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Hi, Jan!

Got your comment on my blog. Here's the link of my 126 DAYS post:

http://abbieunreal.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-126-days-finally-after-126-days.html

Thanks!