Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Piece of Cake: GO OUT AND VOTE! (Part 2)

I have read, listened and understood to almost everyone out there in the web, at home and even here in La Salle on Kuya's last days. I understood the people betrayed with all the events in and out of Kuya's house. And I understood Kuya and ABS-CBN: I give them both the benefit of the doubt. Don't you think Kuya will end this real-life drama in shambles this Saturday? I hope Kuya will do something right now on this matter.

Right now, it ain't over till it's over. Translated in Tagalog: Hindi pa tapos ang boksing. Why? I'm still observing the events unfolding. And I'm waiting for you. Yes--it's you!

Do you still remember Halalan 2007? I applaud myself and the millions of citizens who cast their votes. It's not how much cheating and controversies that took place--what matters most is have we voted at all and have we rose up with our voices via the votes. I understood the majority who elected the opposition senators, even if I did otherwise. (My vote was a halo-halo complete with ice cream: the administration, the oppostion and the group with 3 senators.) I understood why the people gave Erap a landslide victory over JDV years back. And I smiled over the public outrage over the Charter Change Events last year. (But if ever Oplan Kamatis will see itself through, I'll view the events.) And one thing is this: you have all the right to be angry (whether against a government official or a housemate) if and only if you have participated in the voting (be it PBB or Halalan). No vote, no complaint! I am irritated with the people who boycotted the elections and at the same time take to the streets to protest a government official they don't like (especially the one whom they never elected at all)!

I am so lucky to be able to participate in Kuya's drama series via voting. I am contented because I know and I believe that my vote counts in this drama series. And I will continue voting. I am also voting because I am making a stand, that my favored housemate deserves to win. Right from the start, I fell in love with her charm, beauty, gentleness, spunk and sassiness. Hope I can taste pili candies and coconut pastries from her hometown. (OOPS! Make no mistake-I am not voting for the much hated housemate ever.)

Speaking of the much-hated housemate, is it true that the reason she came back (along with an Pinoy-Arab housemate) was you? You voted for her to come back then, among the 4 ex-housemates whom you're given a choice to whom you should have him/her returned. Now it's your time to let her eat her humble pie this Thursday (June 28)! And take note what the ABS-CBN people say, "We don’t vote to evict. We vote to save."

But for all those who love this publicly-hated housemate, it's your choice to support her all the way; but you must also think about supporting her many times even when she's out of the house.

Either way, I have to accept the people's verdict by this Thursday (June 28) and this Saturday (June 30). Oplan Kamatis or no Oplan Kamatis, I will observe the events.

Your vote counts in this drama! Read again my previous post for Halalan 2007. Isn't it great that it still applies today in Kuya's last days? Once again, I say to you: GO OUT AND VOTE! Also: Boto Mo I-Patrol Mo (this time, just personally monitor your votes and never send your reports to 2366, just like in Halalan 2007)! And that's a Deal, ha?

BB (Your Most Favored Housemate-Big Winner Wannabe) --> 2331 (Sun/Globe Networks) or 231 (Smart Networks) [Equals to one vote/Total: PHP 2.50]
PBBGA (Your Most Favored Housemate-Big Winner Wannabe) --> 2366 (all cellphone networks) [Equals to 6 votes/Total: PHP15.00/What you'll get: a new operator logo, and a prize: either P50K or house-and-lot from Globe Asiatique]

No comments: