Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Piece of Dessert: Kapamilya Deal or No Deal

With the demise of Kapamilya Deal or No Deal due to host Kris Aquino taking a rest due to her delicate pregnancy courtesy of equally-controversial basketball player-husband James Yap (don't even ask me why), I miss a game show I like to watch daily. I first knew the show as a spin-off from the worldwide game show Deal or No Deal that has gotten people tuning in from New York to Mumbai and Madrid.

I admit, I miss it most of the time as I have to travel home from school-work (yes, I am a working student) all the way from La Salle in Taft Avenue in Manila to quiet downtown Paranaque City. But I have to say that the show did something good for me and for some, with Kris' bubbliness (that can make you smile or frown), the gorgeous 26K (whose names I have problems memorizing with-blame it on lack of peanuts in my digestive system), the ever-mysterious Mister Banker and the elusive Php 4Million Prize.

That show sown me inspiration as I was building this blog. Incidentally, a few days back, I find myself playing the PC game version of DOND. In that game, I struck a 5-digit dollar deal-which is a good decision, since I picked a briefcase with a 4-digit dollar amount.

Well, I will be saying Deal if Kris fulfills the promise of having KDOND back by June or July. (By this time, I pray Kris and James are A-OK.)

No comments: